Tiverton, Rhode Island Speed Traps
The police wait just off Eagleville Rd on the access road off of Rt 24. I have seen them at various times of the day but don’t know if there is a pattern to time of day when they are there. I’ve seen them mostly during daylight hours.
As you cross the MA/RI state line, police hide behind bushes in median. Invisible unless you know its there. Enforcment during am and pm rush hours.
Basically from the Mass line south to and through Portsmouth RI, about every mile I have seen a postion where on any give day an officer will stand or has been.
– Mass line
– Cresting the hill (1 mile from line)
– Just before fish road (~1 mile from hill)
– After fish road exit sitting on right against stone cliff on right (~1000 feet after fish road exit)
– Exit after fish road facing trafic sitting in grass (~1500 feet after fish road exit)
– Rest area/weigh station (After Sakonnet river bridge)
– End of Trees in median before overpass as you make the gradual leFort
– Cresting the hill after the overpass.
This place is pretty much on lock-down. It’s easy money for the town/state because the limit is 55, and the average speed is 65+.
Cross the line Southbound on 24 from Fall River MA into Tiverton RI, right at the line there’s a turn around. As you take a left over the overpass, they have full view.
Have seen this occuring more often… Southbound on 24, road continues right after cresting the hill, just before Fish Road exit on right shoulder will be a State cop or Local.