US 441 just as one crosses the city limits.
Standard set up:
1) small rural town (pop. at last census = 107 souls)
2) main hwy into Jacksonville (US 441) has standard 55mph speed sign and not many yards after you enter city, another speed sign drops the limit to 15mph.
3) Even the most careful motorist with excellent brakes cannot slow down that quickly.
4) Out-of-State Tags on my (the victim) vehicle.
5.) Officer had no apparent speed detection device or name/number tag on his “uniform.”
6.) Officer did not sign the ticket and would not engage in any conversation beyond “you were speeding.” As soon as I mentioned I knew it was a “speed trap” the officer left immediately. (sadly, leaving me with the speeding citation)
7) This was a classic “speed trap” set up which some towns cannot resist the temptation to increase the city budget at motorist expense. SAD!